Pages

08 July 2013

Lulled Away . . . but Love Can Reclaim.

S: You have been believers so long now that you ought to be teaching others. Instead, you need someone to teach you again the basic things about God’s word. You are like babies who need milk and cannot eat solid food. For someone who lives on milk is still an infant and doesn’t know how to do what is right. Solid food is for those who are mature, who through training have the skill to recognize the difference between right and wrong. (Hebrews 5:12-14 NLT)

O: It's easy for us human beings to settle into our status quo, and then relax into a long, slow backslide. Becoming accustomed to our conditions & environment is a skill necessary to survival with our limited brains--but in the realm of the spiritual, it's a tremendous enemy. 

A: I can see this regression in those I know, and it fairly breaks my heart. People I love wandering in cargo cult religion*, but missing the point of the faith they profess. 

P: Father, thank You for Your mercy and patience and love. Thank You for reserving judgement for Judgement Day . . . and giving your children time in which to find You. Please, let me love ALL of Your children. I found You through Your love in another--let me serve You in that way, too, Lord. Let me be a window to Your love, so others can see You, and find You, and You can claim them for Your own. Let Your love touch hearts and change lives . . . for there isn't any joy in this world unconnected with Your love. In Jesus' name, so be it. Amen.