Pages

18 June 2013

Who's Whispering in Your Ear?

Scripture: 1 Kings 22:13-14

Meanwhile, the messenger who went to get Michaiah said to him, "Look, all the prophets are promising victory for the king.  Be sure that you agree with them and promise success." But Michaiah replied, "As surely as the Lord lives, I will say only what the Lord tells me to say."

Observation:

Michaiah prophesied counter to four hundred rabidly patriotic and highly-favored prophets.  He truly said only what the Lord gave him to say.

Application:

I'm not a stranger to opposition, or clinging to what is good and right and true when others around me are choosing wickedness or worldliness.  But I've been taken in, in the past, when the wrongdoing was clothed in the culture and traditions of church.  I don't ever want to be led that way again . . . even when there's a huge crowd of my peers, all throwing themselves into the wrongdoing that looks so good, right, positive, and true.  (And dare I say, sometimes even patriotic?)  No traditions of men, no powerful leader, should trump the Word and Will of God.

Prayer:

Lord, are you seeing a pattern yet? :o)  I want so much to not be deceived--to listen to Your Spirit and to follow YOU.  Please, show me the truth of all things I ask, and help me to let Your love shine out from me so powerfully that there can be no doubt of Whom I serve.  In Jesus name, so be it.