Pages

22 March 2016

Jesus with us.

“Jesus replied, “Do wedding guests mourn while celebrating with the groom? Of course not. But someday the groom will be taken away from them, and then they will fast.” ~Matthew 9:15 NLT

When Jesus is with His people, they have no cause to mourn.

I recognize Jesus is not physically on the earth . . . but He is present in every one of us through Holy Spirit in us. Jesus' spiritual presence is everywhere, His kingdom expanding inside of us as we walk out the life of transformation He calls us to. So why should I mourn? Why should I think my troubles are heavy to bear? The King of Kings has made His habitation in me, and gives me strength, comfort and joy for every loss, every woe.

Lord Jesus, let me be more and more aware of You day by day, moment to moment. Train my heart and mind to tune into You always, to grow up in You and lean into You every moment. Your strength is what makes me strong, Your paths are what make a way for me through this world. Even though You are not yet come in glory to the earth, You have come in glory into my heart, and I will rejoice and praise and be glad because You have overcome the world. I love you, Lord. Thank you, and amen.