Pages

16 February 2016

God's Ownership

“And the land shall not be sold in perpetuity; for the land is mine: for ye are strangers and sojourners with me.

For unto me the children of Israel are servants; they are my servants whom I brought forth out of the land of Egypt: I am Jehovah your God.”
Leviticus 25:23, 55 ASV

God reestablishes, in these verses, the fact that he is the true King, and Lord of all the earth. 

When he gives land as an inheritance, that ownership is only modifiable by him. Yes, land can be sold, but not permanently. God only can permanently take away something that he has given. Or, more clearly stated: only we can betray ourselves out of the inheritance God has given us. Israel lost their land due to wickedness. We can lose things God has given us through our own choices. But as soon as we turn back to Jesus, often those gifts are still there, waiting.

Father God, in Jesus' name, help me to see what you have given me, and where I am not walking fully in the blessings you offer. Thank you for your faithfulness, your patience, and your incredible generosity. I'd be lost without you. Love, Annalea.