Pages

27 March 2015

“Do not think that I have come to bring peace to the earth. I have not come to bring peace, but a sword. For I have come to set a man against his father, and a daughter against her mother, and a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law. And a person’s enemies will be those of his own household. Whoever loves father or mother more than me is not worthy of me, and whoever loves son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me. And whoever does not take his cross and follow me is not worthy of me. Whoever finds his life will lose it, and whoever loses his life for my sake will find it. ~Matthew 10:34-39
I came across this passage this morning, and something completely new stood out to me: the list of relationships Jesus mentions does not include the one between husband and wife.

I love that.

Father God, thank You for love and companionship. Thank You for Vern, and my children. Thank You for the blessings You pour out on us through Your Spirit, and for the beauty in life. I'm just thankful for all of it this lovely morning. In Jesus' name, amen.