Pages

30 March 2015

What will I choose as my Truth?

3 What if some did not believe and were without faith? Does their lack of faith and their faithlessness nullify and make ineffective and void the faithfulness of God and His fidelity [to His Word]?4 By no means! Let God be found true though every human being is false and a liar, as it is written, That You may be justified and shown to be upright in what You say, and prevail when You are judged [by sinful men].  ~Romans 3:3-4
It's up to me to choose.

While I walk here, through this life, I can choose what I will believe is true. It doesn't change what is actually true, but it definitely changes the way I see everything around me, the way I think about things, and pretty much every choice I make.

Will I decide the view behind me is what is true, allowing my past to determine my future?

Will I cling to the word of God, refusing to believe anything other than what He has said?

How will I respond to times when, for whatever reason, something doesn't turn out the way that I thought the Word said it would? What then?

Lord, thank You so much for Your Word--both written and spoken, logos and rhema. Thank you for confirming my faith in You over and over, even though getting to the point where I actually had true faith took me so very, very long. Thank You for Jesus Christ, all He had given me so generously, and the solid foundation His words provide. And thank You for a brilliant new day, in which to glorify Your name. Lead my family and I, Lord, as we face whatever trouble lies before us, and bless us with powerful faith to bring about miracles and wonders, so Your name might be further glorified, in Jesus' name, amen.