Pages

04 June 2013

Ethics of Fools

Scripture: Proverbs 29:9 & 25 NLT

9. If a wise person takes a fool to court, there will be ranting and ridicule but no satisfaction.
25. Fearing people is a dangerous trap, but trusting the LORD means safety.

Observation: Wisdom follows a *wholly* different set of ethics than foolishness. (If foolishness could even be said to follow ANY set of ethics.) No matter how hard a wise/upright/ethical person tries, defending themselves against fools only reaps discord and feeds the foolish one's claims.

Application: If I were to try to defend myself against those who circulate speculations, I would only be stirring the pot they fill with their actions. I need to let Christ fight my battles, and rest in Him, and bask in His light. In so doing, anyone who actually takes a second to look at me--to actually see me, and not their preconception--will see for themselves the truth of the matter.

"I wait quietly before God, for my victory comes from Him. He alone is my rock and my salvation, my fortress where I will never be shaken." --Psalms 62:1-2

Prayer: God, please continually show me Your way. Let me rest in, and trust ONLY in, You. Fill me with Your love, so the glory of Your goodness is all the defense I need, in Jesus' name. Amen.