Pages

16 June 2013

Eyes of Faith

Scripture: 1 Kings 17:23-24

Then Elijah brought him down from the upper room and gave him to his mother.  "Look!" he said.  "Your son is alive!"  Then the woman told Elijah, "Now I know for sure that you are a man of God, and that the Lord speaks through you."

Observation:

It's a wonder to me that the widow didn't know Elijah was a man of God already.  She was still living, fed many days by the oil & flour that miraculously appeared.  Maybe she thought Elijah had food cached somewhere, but wanted to appear destitute?  But she surely couldn't explain away her son being brought back from the dead.

Application:

How often do I disregard evidence before my eyes of the work of God, waiting for something amazing?  Or look for a physical (or known spiritual) sign, instead of praying and asking directly?  I never want to explain away as commonplace anything that I can attribute to God through eyes of faith.

Prayer:

Father, let me see Your works in all things around me, and let me listen ever more closely to Your Spirit for confirmation.  In Jesus name, Amen.