Pages

05 June 2013

Just Trust Him

Scripture: Psalms 33:16-22 & Ephesians 1:18-20 NLT

Psalms 33:16-22
The best-equipped army cannot save a king,
nor is great strength enough to save a warrior.
Don't count on your warhorse to give you victory--
for all its strength, it cannot save you.
But the LORD watches over those who fear him,
those who rely on his unfailing love.
He rescues them from death
and keeps them alive in times of famine.
We put our hope in the LORD.
He is our help and our shield.
In him our hearts rejoice,
for we trust in his holy name.
Let your unfailing love surround us, LORD,
for our hope is in you alone.

Eph 1:18-20
I pray that your hearts will be flooded with light so that you can understand the confident hope he has given to those he called--his holy people who are his rock and glorious inheritance. I also pray that you will understand the incredible greatness of God's power for us who believe him. This is the same mighty power that raised Christ from the dead and seated him in the place of honor at God's right hand in the heavenly realms.

Observation:

I am so puny and helpless in the battles whose outcomes truly matter. My own wisdom is foolishness, and I'm weary and worn out with exhausting my own strength to forge a path on my own when His way is already made so clear and smooth.

Application:

God will watch over and help me . . . and He wants me to trust Him. The whole point isn't to "do it right", but rather to follow the Holy Spirit in whatever comes my way. (It sounds so totally obvious, but it dawned on my soul with such powerful clarity and peace. :o)

Prayer:

Yahweh . . . Abba . . . please guide me. Show me what You want me to do in every instance. Answer Paul's prayer for me, as I don't want to rely on the arm (or mind!) of flesh any more. I want to spend my strength on **You**. In Jesus' name, Amen.