Pages

10 June 2013

He IS.

Scripture: Imitate God, therefore, in everything you do, because you are his dear children. Live a life filled with love, following the example of Christ. He loved us and offered himself as a sacrifice for us, a pleasing aroma to God. (Ephesians 5:1, 2 NLT)

Observation: I love the admonition to imitate God. (My younger brothers would now chime in about how I acted high & mighty as we grew up . . . ;-) But really, God doesn't act high & mighty. He just IS. All powerful. Omnipresent. Omniscient. But also all-loving, all-forgiving, patient, humble. THOSE are the powers of godliness.

Application: Imitating God, when you understand the basics of His nature, is such a simple thing. "Do no harm," in essence. God is all that is good, and all that is good for me.

Prayer: Dear God, show me more of yourself, I pray. Please, gently teach me humility, patience, forgiveness. (I'll leave all the "omni" stuff to you.) I am ready to learn. In Jesus' name, Amen.