Pages

28 June 2013

Not yet, Lord. Not yet . . .

Scripture: 2 Timothy 4:8

[As to what remains] henceforth there is laid up for me the [victor's] crown of righteousness [for being right with God and doing right], which the Lord, the righteous Judge, will award to me and recompense me on that [great] day--and not to me only, but also to all those who have loved and yearned for and welcomed His appearing (His return).

Observation: Joy, a wonderful, amazing, beautiful and beyond description joy and love will, at the Second Coming, flood those who love and yearn for and live after the manner of Christ.

He who earnestly seeks after and craves righteousness, mercy and loving-kindness will find life in addition to righteousness (uprightness and right standing with God) and honor. (Prov 21:21 AMP)

Application: I really do long to physically be in Christ's presence, and for Him to return to the earth and set all to rights. But at the same time, my heart aches so much for those that don't have an assurance of the remission of their sins, and I don't want Christ to come quite yet. There is so much yet to do, so many yet to reach.

Prayer: Father, let me find all those I am sent to find in this life, and to embrace them in the arms of Christ's love.  Fill me with that love to overflowing, so everyone I touch, everyone I speak to, everyone I look in the eye, everyone who even sets eyes on me, will FEEL Your love, and never be the same again.  I don't want to do any of Your work under my own power or influence--I want to simply be Yours.  Make me Your instrument, so the gentle tendrils of unspeakable divine love may reach out and twine around people's hearts, drawing them inexplicably back to You.  Please.  Let the souls of Your children feel You, and even if they don't understand what is happening, awaken their souls to Christ. In Jesus' name, so be it! Amen.