Pages

06 June 2013

I Trust the Chief Cornerstone

Scripture: Ephesians 2:19-22 KJV

"Now therefore ye are no more strangers and foreigners, but fellow citizens with the saints and of the household of God.  And are built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ himself being the chief cornerstone; in whom all the building fitly framed together groweth unto an holy temple in the Lord; in whom ye also are builded together for an habitation of God through the Spirit."

Observation: Christ is the chief cornerstone--the very first foundation stone laid, from which the entirety of the building (and sometimes the entire town) was then laid out.  He determines the orientation and alignment of the entire kingdom.  And when we join with the believers, He aligns and incorporates us into His glorious and miraculous platt.

Application: This has been one of my most precious treasures in scripture for nearly fifteen years. (Hence the KJV. Nearly every word has special significance to me.)  Not only am I, as a follower of Christ, given familial status with the believers, but this promises me a meaningful work in Christ's plan.  He has a purpose for me--whether sheathing or house wrap, framing or window, door, roofing, eave, paneling, lintel, or flooring.  And because Christ is the chief cornerstone, I can always trust Him, and what He communicates to me.

I have always (and I mean ALWAYS--as long as I can possibly remember) longed to help.  To serve, fix, improve, or lighten a load.  Knowing that God has a purpose for me in His kingdom--a place in His household--means so, so much.

Prayer: God, grant me patience as I wait on You.  Open my eyes, and make them discerning so I can see what You would have me do, both in this season of rest, when You're teaching me so many things in new ways, and in seasons to come, whatever they may be.  I only pray I might be fitted for Your work, in Your way, and in Your timing.  In Jesus' name, amen!