Pages

01 June 2013

God as Victor

Scripture:
Proverbs 21:31 NLT - The horse is prepared for the day of battle, but the victory belongs to the LORD."

Observation:
It takes a tremendous amount of time to train a horse well--even for basic usefulness. Even more time to fully train for a specific, more advanced purpose. But even with an entire nation's worth of perfectly-trained horses, God is the creator of them. Their amazing strength and beauty, the softness of their eyes, the sheen of their hides in the sun. Astounding creations He made, full of glory and majesty. And even then, even if we have to go to battle with completely wild horses, or without any at all, God can bring us off victorious without breaking a sweat. :o)

Application:
I'm learning, so much more and more, how much I truly need to rest in Yahweh. (The Jewish word for "I AM". How I love that name for Him!) HE is the victor . . . and I am beyond amazed at His goodness and love and mercy that enfolds me and pulls me into His victories, and fills my life with them. He fights my battles, and it is SO good!

Prayer: 
Oh Lord, please, let me see your arm revealed in all things. Fight my battles, subdue my enemies under your feet, and let me come off a conquerer in Christ Jesus. Amen!